Friday, February 08, 2008

this is

one of many reasons why I love iron & wine...

"Mother don't worry, I killed the last snake that lived in the creek bed
Mother don't worry, I've got some money I saved for the weekend
Mother remember being so stern with that girl who was with me?
Mother remember the blink of an eye when I breathed through your body?

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons are like birds, flying upward over the mountain

Mother I made it up from the bruise on the floor of this prison
Mother I lost it, all of the fear of the Lord I was given
Mother forget me now that the creek drank the cradle you sang to
Mother forgive me, I sold your car for the shoes that I gave you

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons could be birds, taken broken up to the mountain

Mother don't worry, I've got a coat and some friends on the corner
Mother don't worry, she's got a garden we're planting together
Mother remember the night that the dog had her pups in the pantry?
Blood on the floor, fleas on their paws,
And you cried 'til the morning

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons are like birds, flying always over the mountain"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive never heard of Iron and Wine...is it a band or single person... might have to go do some research, cos those lyrics are BEE-YOU-TIFUL

Sisterly Knits said...

Yooouuu muuussttt joiiinnn raaavvvellllrryyyyy (ravelry.com) @_@

Alex H said...

amu-mu it's a guy, Sam Beam and he has traveling musicians like his sister, Sarah I think her name is

it's really good stuff

sisterly, I'll check into that ;)