Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Betty Crocker Gluten-Free!

I'm so excited about this. I don't even buy gluten-free cake mix. I'm a make from scratch kind of girl. BUT I bought this to make my birthday cake (have to make my own birthday cake wah wah) and it was so moist and delicious. Seriously! I think the reason it excites me so much is because of the brand. I never thought that mainstream baking brands would have products like this...for me!

They have a few different mixes but I bought the yellow cake. They are kind of expensive for me. $5 a pop is the going price. If you're in a hurry they would be ideal.

I have two cabinets full of gf flours and baking agents so it's hard for me to buy mixes and pre-mades. I LOVE baking gf from scratch! It's kind of like playing in a science lab when you bake gluten-free. After all it is very scientific. I like getting little bags down from the designated GF cabinet and measuring. It's fun to do it yourself. Plus you can control the quality of ingredients and the outcome.


No comments: