Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the BEST gluten-free chocolate chip cookies

this recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies is amazing. they are the best ones I have ever had in my gluten-free existence! I promise. just be sure to follow the instructions really well. mine only needed 8 minutes in the oven and then I let them cool for 5 minutes and then transferred them to a rack. be sure that you let them cool for a good 5 minutes. they are g-f and WILL FALL APART. but I was very patient and these cookies hold together better than any g-f cookie I've ever had :)

here is the post as well (courtesy of rachaelray.com):

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup of softened butter
* 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 1/4 cups of gluten-free baking flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup of crushed pecans ***(I only used a little less than a handful)***



Pre-heat oven to 375°F.

Grease baking sheet.

In a medium sized bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and stir until blended.

Slowly add the gluten-free flour ***(I used a mixture of Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour and Rice Flour that I buy in the Asian foods section-it is certified gluten-free)***, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop teaspoon sized cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until slightly brown and not wet.

Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before taking them off the sheet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sound great! I will pass the recipe on to my mother, who is GF.

Anonymous said...

These sounds great! I will be making them soon! I'm a GF girl too!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and love it! I'm a GF girl, so I will be trying this recipe!